Search This Blog

Studebaker M15A-20 "Mr. Potato Head"

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Radiator Install

I installed a radiator from Summit Racing. I could not fine a radiator with the correct size ports so I decided to use the stainless steel hoses because that come with adapters. I think the hoses are great but the connectors are not so hot. The clamps are to small and you have to be careful not to strip them. I didn't have any leaks so I guess I can't complain to much. Because the radiator does not have an angle outlet like the original radiator, I had to lower it in the mount so the lower radiator hose clears the engine. I had to purchase some 1" aluminum angle to mount to the original mounting hole and to space it out from the mount. I also had to trim the lower apron to clear the radiator. Because I had to lower the radiator I could have bought a taller one to maximize the cooling capacity.













No comments:

Post a Comment